Don Pumphrey, Jr.
Don Pumphrey, Jr. is a partner at Pumphrey Law in Tallahassee, FL. He has been defending those charged with various criminal offenses, including DUI, drug trafficking, domestic violence, assault, battery, theft, and murder for over 20 years. Through his experiences as a former law enforcement officer, prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office in Pinellas County, and as a criminal defense attorney with his own private practice, Don Pumphrey, Jr. has extensive trial experience. He is knowledgeable in all aspects of the criminal justice system, from criminal investigation through sentencing.
The former NFL player also participates in a motivational crime prevention program for students, and has various speaking engagements around the state, where he discusses the effects of being charged with a crime.
Extensive Criminal Law Experience
Prior to opening his own criminal defense firm in 1999, Don Pumphrey, Jr. worked as a law enforcement officer, and upon graduation from law school, as an Assistant State Attorney. His knowledge and abilities quickly resulted in a promotion as the lead trial attorney over an entire division for the State Attorney's Office in Pinellas County. After his success as a state prosecutor, Don Pumphrey, Jr. desired to open his own practice in criminal defense, and has defended thousands of clients charged with criminal offenses ever since.
- Former Lead Trial Attorney in Pinellas County
- Assistant State Attorney for the State Attorney's Office in Pinellas County
- Former Law Enforcement Officer
- Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers Player
- National College of DUI Defense on the Harvard University campus
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), Stetson University College of Law (1996)
- Florida State University- Criminology (1989)
- Valdosta State University- Business Administration (1985)
- State Bar of Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2011
Professional Organizations and Associations
- NORML Legal Committee - 2012 - Present
- National College for DUI Defense - 2002 - Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - 1999 - Present
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 1999 - Present
- American Bar Association - 1997 - Present
- NFL Alumni Association - 1992 - Present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers - National Trial Lawyers; 2014
- Super Lawyer - Super Lawyers - 2008
- Extra Mile Award - Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - 2016
- Mock Trial Finalist - Stetson University College of Law Trial Advocacy Society - 1996
- Peer Review Rated - Martindale-Hubbell - 2016
- Tri the Rez (2011)
- Red Hills Triathlon (2012)
- Ironman (2013)