Pumphrey Law Scholarship
Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship
Information about the Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship
In order to be eligible for the Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a U.S. resident
- Accepted or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Demonstrated good character and academic achievement
Each applicant must submit the following documents to the link here.
- Pumphrey Law Scholarship Application (CLICK TO APPLY).
- A current unofficial high school or college transcript or enrollment verification
- A typed essay 800-1000 words on one of the following topics: (Students may enter submission for multiple topics)
- What’s one problem with the criminal justice system in the US and how would you fix it?
- Write an essay on access to legal services in the United States. This essay should focus on the need and affordability of legal services and propose ideas to help meet the demand of these services.
- With the advancement in technology, what are some of the threats to those charged with a crime?
2023 Scholarship Key Dates
- The application and supporting material must be received by December 8, 2023
- The scholarship winner will be selected and notified on December 15, 2023
Completed materials can be submitted in the following manner:
- Three winners will be chosen
- 1st place– $750
- 2nd place – $500
- 3rd Place – $250
- The scholarship must be applied to tuition or other education-related expenses. The award will be paid to the winner’s educational institution directly.
- See past winning submissions here.
Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions
- I am a senior in High School getting ready to graduate, can I apply for the scholarship?
- Yes, ANY student who has given a University an intent to enroll or is already enrolled in College may apply. If you are a High School senior who is preparing to start college, you are eligible!
- I am already enrolled at a University, may I still apply?
- Absolutely, ALL college students in the U.S. are welcome to apply!
- I don’t live in Florida, am I eligible?
- Most definitely!! ANY college student in the U.S. may apply for our scholarship!
- I am not pursuing a career in Law, can I still apply?
- Yes. Course of study does not factor into eligibility for this scholarship.
- I am in grad school (medical, law, etc.) and would like to apply, am I eligible?
- Definitely! If you are enrolled at any university, whether it be a community college, accredited university, or graduate school, you are eligible to apply if you are a U.S. resident.
- If I win, how will I receive my award?
- The winners of the scholarship will be contacted. After providing certain information, the scholarship prize will be sent to your university’s financial aid office to be distributed with that semester’s financial aid. See past-winners of the Pumphrey Law Scholarship here!
Terms and Conditions
Only completed applications will be considered. The winner is chosen based on the sole discretion of Pumphrey Law. By applying for the scholarship, applicants agree to the terms and conditions of Pumphrey Law and the Pumphrey Law Scholarship.