Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship
Pumphrey Law Firm awards scholarships to college-bound seniors and college students based on demonstrated academic achievement, financial need, and an expressed interested in legal issues and legal studies.
Information about the Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship
- What are the eligibility requirements for the Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship?
- What information must be submitted to be considered for the Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship?
- What are the submission deadlines and other key dates?
- How should I submit an application for consideration for the Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law scholarship?
- How much is the scholarship award?
In order to be eligible for the Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a Florida resident
- Accepted or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Demonstrated good character and academic achievement
Each applicant must submit the following documents to the link here.
- A completed application form.
- A current unofficial high school or college transcript or enrollment verification
- A typed essay 500-800 words on one of the following topics: (Students may enter submission for multiple topics)
- Dangers of underage drinking/drug use and the impact it can have on a student.
- If you could change or create any law, what would it be and why?
- What do you think are some of the negative effects of social media on high school and college students?
- The application and supporting material must be received by August 1, 2017
- The scholarship winner will be selected and notified on August 7, 2017
Completed materials can be submitted in the following manner:
Please, no phone calls. Please direct all questions via email to Taylor Kurtz, Digital Marketing Specialist at Pumphrey Law, at Taylor@donpumphrey.com.
Three winners will be chosen for a $500 scholarship.
The scholarship must be applied to tuition or other education-related expenses. The award will be paid to the winner's educational institution directly.
Lauren Sumners: 2016 Fall Scholarship Award Winner
Terms and Conditions
Only completed applications will be considered. The winner is chosen based on the sole discretion of Pumphrey Law. By applying for the scholarship, applicants agree to the terms and conditions of Pumphrey Law and the Pumphrey Law Scholarship.
Attorney Don Pumphrey Jr. is a former prosecutor, former law enforcement officer, and a successful and experienced criminal defense attorney.