Tracey Keppel Pumphrey - Chief Financial Officer
Tracey Keppel Pumphrey is the firm’s Chief Financial Officer and was initially recruited from a large insurance defense firm in December 2012 to manage the litigation staff and practice and serve as the Firm’s criminal defense trial paralegal.
In the Fall of 2015 Tracey underwent intensive accounting and Tabs3 and Practice Master training and took over the responsibilities as the Firm’s Chief Financial Officer. Tracey is responsible for the accounting and financial functions of the Firm. Specifically, Tracey oversees general accounting, accounts payable, billing, trust accounts, accounts receivable, collections, financial reporting, and she manages payroll and employee benefits.
Tracey has more than twenty years of experience as a paralegal in the areas of criminal defense, criminal appeals to include Rule 3.850 post-conviction cases, civil and complex commercial litigation including insurance defense and personal injury, family law, construction, environmental and law use, and complex anti-trust litigation. Tracey also has significant trial, mediation and arbitration experience and continues to serve as the Firm’s litigation paralegal. Tracey is a Florida Registered Paralegal with The Florida Bar, and as such is required to maintain the same Continue Legal Education requirement as attorneys in Florida.
- Florida State University
- Political Science and Public Administration, 1994-1997
- Rollins College
- Political Science and Studio Art, 1993
- Daytona State College (formerly Daytona Beach Community College)
- A.S. Legal Assisting, 1993
- A.A. General Education, 1992
- Florida Registered Paralegal, Florida Bar ID No. 236300
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc., Member
- Big Bend Paralegal Association, Member and Headnotes, Editor
- National Organization of Legal Assistants, Member
- Northside Rotary Tallahassee, 2016-2017
- Tallahassee Marathon, 2016-2017
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Breast Cancer 3-Day (raised >$30k in Leon County) 2005, 2007 and 2009
- Leukemia Association (raised >$10k in Leon County) 1998-2006
- March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation of Northwest Florida (raised >$10k in Leon County) 1997-2001
- Florida Arts and Community Enrichment, Inc., Former Board Member and Grant Writer
- Florida Battered Women’s Clemency Project
- Girl Scout Council of Apalachee Bend, Former Leader
- Environmental and Land Use Law Treatise, Former Editor
- Ironman 70.3 Finisher (2014)
- Top of Form
Attorney Don Pumphrey Jr. is a former prosecutor, former law enforcement officer, and a successful and experienced criminal defense attorney.